Thursday, July 23, 2009

poems I wrote

I wrote these thoughts down in March while I was feeling quiet exhausted from the waiting and not hearing.

The days go by…

Tonight I am praying for you.

Can you hear my heart?

Today I am loving you.

Even though we’re far apart.

Tonight I will dream of you.

Are those your big, beautiful eyes?

Today my arms long to hold you.

Across the distance of the sky.

Tonight I will cry for you.

Will tomorrow be the day?

Today I will wait for you.

Lord, please have your way.

Tonight I am singing to you.

Does it bring you peace?

Today I will come for you,

My precious Analise!

“BE STILL AND KNOW..”

but, Lord, I love her so!

“DO NOT FEAR..”

but, Lord, I want to see her.

“TRUST IN ME…”

but, Lord, hear my plea.

“I AM YOUR REFUGE…”

but, Lord, this isn’t small, but huge.

“MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR ALL…”

but, Lord, she is so very small.

“COME, I WILL GIVE YOU REST.”

Yes, Lord, not my will, for You know best.

No comments: