Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our referral

I was thinking back today of the beautiful day that we got "our call". I thought I would write it down.

It was quite an amazing thing really, it was a Monday and Jaret was supposed to be at work. However, we had just been in Colorado over the weekend for Meagan's soccer tournament and got home so early that morning, he decided to take it off. It was around 11:30 in the afternoon and I was sitting on the front deck talking to my mom on the telephone. Jaret stuck his head out the door and calmly said, "Erin is on the phone, she would like to talk with both of us." I froze! I knew that this was "the call". I started screaming to my mom that I had to get off the phone! We went inside and put Erin on speaker phone. We homeschool our children, so I was able to call them both over, too. There we were, all four of us around the cell phone. Erin told us that today was going to be a great day for us. She told us that they would like to announce our 3 1/2 month old baby girl named "Selam". We sat there and bawled! Jaret told Meagan and Brendan that he had only cried like that two other times in his life! That was precious. The computer would not load the photos fast enough. It seemed like an eternity until her photo came up. Then.....there she was......the most beautiful little thing! So tiny, with the biggest eyes you have ever seen. I dreamed about those eyes for over a year. I even wrote a poem about them! I couldn't believe that it finally happened to us. It seems like a dream now. I will forever remember that day when Analise Selam was born to us! Our Lord is so amazing, praise HIM!

No comments: